The Design Process
• before the project start date, I’ll send a questionnaire for you to prepare for our meeting.
• during the meeting, you’ll have a chance to share your story as we talk through your answers. this will ensure that I fully understand the person behind the brand and the message you want to communicate.
• this is taken a step further with a homework assignment to collect imagery for an inspiration board to make sure we’re on the same page visually.
• I will study my notes from our meeting, along with the images you’ve collected and start brainstorming.
• after adding a few more images, I will send the completed inspiration board and brand strategy outline ( including goals + a plan to reach them ) to you for review.
• at this point you get to sit back and relax as I hit the sketchbook and begin coming up with initial ideas.
• after I’ve narrowed down a few solid designs, I’ll take it to the computer and create digital comps for review.
• when I’ve recieved feedback I’ll make any necessary changes and send the designs back for final review.
• from there I will polish up the final designs and organize the files for the final design package that will be transferred to you or implemented in a website.
• when all the hard work has paid off and launch day has arrived, it’s time to celebrate!
• you can now show the world ( or at least social media! ) the new face of your brand.
• I will proudly share our collaborative work on my blog and social media channels to get the word out.
Client Design Stories
I had been running my own photography business for about three years when I decided it was time for a little upgrade. The website I had been using was one where I picked out a template and plugged in all the necessary information and paid a few dollars per year to have ".com" after my name. Safe to say it was a beginner's website. I heard about Jordan Brantley through a very good (and successful) friend of mine so i decided to meet up with her and get some help! I realize that I am a photographer, NOT a graphic designer, and the best thing for me to do was to just pay someone to help me out with a very important aspect of my now-growing business. A few months after Jordan and I had that first cup of coffee together, I was launching my brand new website, business, name, and logo! Who knew?! I can hardly believe a year has already gone by, but I have pictures to prove it! (hah- sorry, photography jokes) Anyway, I now have this gorgeous, professional website that I am proud to show off. All I have to do is hand someone one of my clean, custom business cards! I think probably the biggest surprise for me was when I received an email from a lady (now my client) saying that she had found me through Google! I had no idea people would be finding me through an internet search! This year I had my most photoshoots and weddings that I have ever had before. Thanks so much to Jordan Brantley for seeing my vision, shaping my ideas, and finally... publishing my dream! I couldn't be more thankful than where I am today.